Here is the tutorial for the Fiery Disc necklace which I created using the beautiful glass beads sent in by Jyothi and displayed here in my last post.
The main idea behind this necklace was to keep the technique and other components simple so that the beads would come through as the focus. This necklace is very simple to make, so do give it a try
Fiery Disc Necklace
- chain (enough to go around your neck)
- any closure
- Normal jump rings
- big jump rings
- nose pliers
1) Measure and cut the desired length of chain. I have used an antique finish chain with bright gold jump rings because I wanted that contrast. You could of the same or just pick both in the same finish
2) Open up your jump rings. I like working in an assembly line pattern so opened up all my rings in the beginning itself.You'll need as many big jump rings as beads for this necklace.
3) Find the center of your chain. Then insert one jump ring through the bead and connect it to the center of the chain. Close the jump ring.
4)Do the same for the next bead leaving 2 links gap (The gap is slightly lesser than the width of the bead) This is to make sure that we get a charm necklace kind of overlapped look. You can move the next bead further if you dont want that overlapped look.
5) Do this on either side of the center bead. Here is the order of beads I used - from one side : Red, red, Orange, translucent, red, Orange, translucent, Orange, red, translucent, Orange, Red, red.
6) Finally I added a few jump rings (normal ones in antique finish) at both ends of the chain. To one end I added a lobster claw for closure.The necklace is done
I hope you enjoyed this easy to do disc necklace.Take a look to see how it looks when finished
I hope that you found it interesting